Recipes tipiche pisan
Some typical recipes of the city of Pisa and its province.
- Ingredients: 8 slices of stale bread, 4 ripe tomatoes, some basil leaves, 1 onion, 1 cucumber, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Preparation: soften the bread in water, then wring out slightly and place in a bowl.
Slice subtly the cucumber, tomatoes and onions, shred the basil. Combine all the bread, season with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Mix and store in refrigerator until serving.
- Ingredients: 1 tuft of black cabbage, 1 / 4 cabbage, 1 bunch of chard, 1 leek, 1 onion, 2 potatoes, 2 carrots, 2 zucchini, 2 stalks of celery, 300 grams cannellini beans, 2 peeled tomatoes, extra virgin olive oil olive oil, salt and pepper, 250 g. home stale bread.
- Preparation: soak the beans for about 8 hours, less in two liters of water.
In an 'other pot to brown the sliced onions in olive oil, gradually add all other vegetables, chopped into large chunks and dry them over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
Then add the cooking water for beans and half of them. The other add half after pureeing.
Adjust salt and pepper and cook over low heat for about two hours.
Then add the sliced bread, mix well and simmer for another ten minutes.
Let stand and serve in earthenware dishes with a little oil extra virgin olive genuine Tuscan taste fruity.
The cabbage soup with the Pisan
- Ingredients for 4-5 persons: 1 onion, 2 carrots, ½ kg of potatoes, a stalk of celery, basil, thyme and nepitella, half cup of olive oil, half a bowl of beans (about 400 g of fresh shell beans), 5-6 leaves of black cabbage, 2 very ripe tomatoes, 1 liter and a half of warm water or broth, a slice of toast.
- Preparation: put in a pot a beat of onion, carrot, celery, basil, with a pinch of salt and pepper, and let imbiondire in half cup of oil.
When the beat starts to wilt, add a pound of potatoes peeled and cut into pieces.
Once they start to brown add the beans already boiled and five, six leaves of black cabbage cut thoroughly.
Cook for a few minutes, then add 2 very ripe tomatoes, previously cooked in little oil, scented with a little 'pepper and salt.
Allow to cook again a few minutes and add about 1 ½ liters of broth (or warm water), the thymus and nepitella and simmer for an hour or more.
Serve with lightly toasted homemade bread.