University of Pisa
The University of Pisa is one of the oldest Italian universities and still has a place among the prestigious universities of Europe, together with other universities, such as the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa and the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna.
Some scholars believe that its origin Historical belongs to the eleventh century, but first some data dating to the second half of the twelfth century with the presence of schools of law that is secular monastic.
The official establishment of the Study is traced back, and then to 3 September 1343 by the will of Pope Clement VI, with the Bull "In supremae dignitatis" issued to Villanova at Avignon, which included the teaching of theology, of canon and civil law, medicine "et alia qualibet lÝcita facultÚ".
On 2 December 1343, with another bubble, Clement VI allows clergy to attend the Firm and in 1355 the Firm was also recognized by the Charles IV.
Because of the wars against Florence and the plagues that devastated the country, followed by long periods of deprivation. Despite in this' was created in October 1369 a board of Savi to restore and enhance the study, so for the first time we had the start officially teaching of grammar.
This is not enough to prevent the closure of after 1406 under the domination of Florentine conquerors.
The Academy was reopened on November 1 for 1473 will of Lorenzo de Medici, who ordered the building of an appropriate and suitable building in Pisa, Wisdom, which was to include not only the premises for the teachings of the various faculties, but that was homeless teachers and students .
After the attempted rebellion against the city of Florence domain at the coming of Charles VIII (1494-1509) University was transferred to Firenze. The firm was later reopened again in 1515 but faced years of sad decline.
He was credited with Cosimo I, if it was the reopening of November 1 1543 and the achievement of ancient splendor.
Rate: 4.3 | Comments (0) | Write Comment
Support Network Guide Tuscany! Make your donation